Most Organizations Now Use Open Source Software According to Gartner

first_imgCognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… IT + Project Management: A Love Affair Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… More than half of the 517 organizations surveyed by Gartner use open source software (OSS). When the firm first started tracking open source in the enterprise five years ago, only 10% of organizations were using OSS. Gartner published the results in a report titled Survey Analysis: Overview of Preferences and Practices in the Adoption and Usage of Open-Source Software. This announcement summarizes the findings. Decision makers aren’t just looking to OSS because it’s cheaper – they’re also trying to gain competitive advantages through open source. “Nearly one-third of respondents cited benefits of flexibility, increased innovation, shorter development times and faster procurement processes as reasons for adopting OSS solutions,” reads the announcement.More than one in five respondents (22%) are using OSS in all departments of the organization, while 46% are using OSS for specific departments. According to the announcement, the top uses for OSS were “data management and integration; and application development, integration, architecture, governance and/or overhaul.” Other popular uses were security and compliance, data center modernization and virtualization.Last year we reported an Accenture survey that found that 40% of organizations planned to migrate mission-critical software to open source within a year. It appears that this might be happening quicker than thought, though Gartner includes non-mission critical deployments in its figures.For a look at some of the most popular open source applications in the enterprise, check out this post. 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Nowcenter_img Related Posts klint finley Tags:#enterprise#Trends last_img read more

Azarenka withdraws from US Open amid child custody dispute

first_imgFILE – In this Sept. 3, 2015, file photo, Victoria Azarenka, of Belarus, returns a shot to Yanina Wickmayer, of Belgium, during the second round of the U.S. Open tennis tournament, in New York. Two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka says her participation in the U.S. Open is in doubt because she might not be able to bring her baby son with her to New York as a result of her separation from the child’s father. Azarenka says via a posting on Twitter on Thursday, Aug. 17, 2017, that she is “faced with a difficult situation which may not allow me to return to work right away.” (AP Photo/Charles Krupa, File)NEW YORK — Two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka withdrew from the U.S. Open on Monday because she was unable to resolve a custody dispute with her infant son’s father.The 28-year-old star from Belarus gave birth to her first child in December and she returned to the tour in June. She detailed the dispute with the boy’s father in a long Twitter post last week, saying she might not be able to bring her son with her to New York.ADVERTISEMENT “I am sadly unable to compete in this year’s U.S. Open due to my ongoing family situation that I am working through,” Azarenka said in a statement.In last week’s post, Azarenka wrote that she separated from Leo’s father shortly after Wimbledon, where she lost to Simona Halep in the fourth round on July 10.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“As we work to resolve some of the legal processes, the way things stand now is that the only way I can play in the U.S. Open this year is if I leave Leo behind in California,” Azarenka wrote, “which I’m not willing to do.”Azarenka has not played since Wimbledon, and the former No. 1 player is now ranked 204th. She was the runner-up in New York in 2012 and 2013, losing in the final each year to Serena Williams. Those were also the years that Azarenka won her two Grand Slam singles titles in Australia. Williams, who is pregnant with her first child, also will not play in this year’s U.S. Open. On the men’s side, three top-10 players have withdrawn with season-ending injuries: defending champion Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic and Kei Nishikori.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters MOST READ Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Rugby World Cup winner reveals heart surgery after tick bite Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim LATEST STORIES Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR View commentslast_img read more

Renault Scala set to enter competitive segment

first_imgAutomobile major Renault recently launched sedan ‘Scala’ in both petrol and diesel variants. Renault’s latest model on Wednesday also hit the Bhubaneswar market as part of its nation-wide launch. Studded with attractive features, Renault Scala was the fifth model to be launched by the company in the last 18 months. The company has already launched small car Pulse, premium sedan Fluence and sports utility vehicles Koleos and Duster.According to reports, Scala is powered by 1.5 litre petrol and diesel engines and has 5-speed manual transmission. It has 80-85 percent local content in parts. Renault ‘Scala ‘ is priced between Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 9.57 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). “Scala will consolidate what Renault has brought to India. It will enter a very competitive segment. With the launch of this car, we are completing the first cycle of introducing five products in India,” said Renault India Managing Director Marc Nassif, while interacting with mediapersons. Nassif said, “We expect this year to sell 30,000-35,000 units. In 2013, we will try to sell one lakh units,” adding the company will start export of Duster to the UK by the end of this year.”We have many many things. We will definitely look at the segment below Pulse in future,” he said when asked about new products at the lower end.Renault India will, however, not launch any new car next year, but only refreshes and variants of the existing models will be introduced, he added.The company is currently selling 600-1,000 units of Pulse every month.Renault Scala, a premium A3 segment sedan, is stated to be a logical progression for Renault India to further strengthen Renault product portfolio in the Indian car market. The car has been placed to compete with the likes of Nissan Sunny.The diesel variant will reportedly use the reliable and fuel efficient 1.5 K9K dCi diesel engine delivering a powerful performance of [email protected] as maximum power with a peak torque of [email protected] rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with a fuel efficiency of 21.64kmpl.While, the petrol variant uses the 1.5 XH2 engine with a displacement of 1.5 litre. It produces a maximum power of [email protected] with a peak torque [email protected] The petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with a fuel efficiency of 16.95kmpl, the report added.With Agency inputsadvertisementlast_img read more