Understanding your customer

first_img“As a business we describe ourselves as food travel experts; it’s our point of difference. We really want to understand how food and travel work together and get through to people who are on the move, who have different needs,” says MacDavid.SSP conducted research using cameras all around train stations, accompanied by interviews, and tracked what people said versus what they did. “It’s very clear the level of stress a consumer has when they get to a train station,” he says. “From that we worked at different ways of making the whole process simpler. Fundamentally we realised that people are set in their ways. Over a billion people use the rail network a year. So there are a lot of potential customers out there. We want them to break some of their habits.”One of the primary emphases is on a really fast transaction. Every brand has a speed of service target time, from joining the queue to leaving it. Mystery shoppers real customers recruited by Retail Eyes go to each site twice a month; if staff achieve two very good scores, then the whole team is paid 50p an hour extra for that month.”Better service equals better pay,” he says. “We’ve simplified menu boards and we’ve looked at staffing structures to make sure we have the right amount of people at the right times of day to ensure we get quick service.”last_img read more

Other Sports PV Sindhu crashes out of Japan Open, suffers second consecutive loss to Akane Yamaguchi

first_img Tokyo: Olympic silver-medallist PV Sindhu crashed out of the Japan Open badminton tournament after a second successive defeat to local favourite Akane Yamaguchi while B Sai Praneeth continued his good form to advance to the semifinals in Tokyo on Friday. Sindhu lost to Yamaguchi 18-21 15-21 in a 50-minute women’s singles quarterfinal match. This was Sindhu’s second defeat at the hands of Yamaguchi, who had beaten the Indian in the final of the Indonesian Open last week.     However, in men’s singles, Sai Praneeth recorded an easy win over Indonesia’s Tommy Sugiarto to reach the semifinals. His 21-12 21-15 win over Sugiarto fetched him a clash against top-seeded Japanese Kento Momota in the semifinals. Sindhu was leading 12-7 in the first game but she squandered the advantage as her reigning Asian champion opponent clawed her way back to level the scores at 14-14.      From there on, Sindhu lost momentum allowing Yamaguchi to surge ahead to 18-15 and then to 20-16. Sindhu won two consecutive points to narrow the gap to 18-20 but could not stop her opponent from bagging the next point and the first game.Also Read | PV Sindhu becomes first woman to co-pilot Made-In-India Tejas at Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru     In the second game, both were locked 6-6 initially but from there on, it was Yamaguchi all the way as she raced to 13-7 and then to 16-10. Sindhu recovered a bit by winning two consecutive points but in no time, the Japanese had five match points and she wrapped up the tie without much hassle.Sai Praneeth, in contrast, hardly broke a sweat as he just took 36 minutes to clinch up against the match. The unseeded Indian led almost all through the first game leaving the former world championships bronze-medallist Indonesian to play the catch-up game.     The second game was a bit closer but Sai Praneeth kept the lead from the start. Not more than four points separated the two for the most part but the Indian reeled off three consecutive points from 18-15 to win the match. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.center_img PV Sindhu lost in the final of the Indonesian Open to Akane Yamaguchi.Sindhu suffered her second consecutive loss to Yamaguchi.B Sai Praneeth advanced to the next round.last_img read more

Tammy Abraham Targeting Chelsea Return

first_imgTHOUGH HE MAY HAVE STARRED FOR ENGLAND AT THE AGE GRADE LEVEL, HE IS STILL ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA AND THE ENGLAND U-21 STAR OF NIGERIAN DESCENT TAMMY ABRAHAM HAS EXPRESSED HIS DESIRE TO RETURN TO HIS PARENT CLUB CHELSEA AT THE END OF HIS LOAN SPELL WITH CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB ASTON VILLATammy Abraham believes he has the ability to play for Chelsea and wants to return to the club after his loan at Aston Villa. The 21-year-old has scored 21 goals for Championship side Villa, having seen another potential loan switch to Wolves break down in January.Abraham has already had further loans at Bristol City and Swansea, but aims to challenge for the Chelsea first-team after helping Villa earn promotion back to the Premier League. “That’s the aim going into next season,” Abraham told Sky Sports News. “As a young kid, I’ve always believed I will play for Chelsea. I always believe that. I think I have the ability to. I just have to, when I get the opportunity, grab it with two hands.”The England U-21 forward has seen his Chelsea team-mate Callum Hudson-Odoi, who Abraham describes as “like a little brother,” dominate headlines this season after being the subject of bids from Bayern Munich.“He was always coming into my house, we didn’t really play together because he was a bit too young but he was my brother’s age,” said Abraham.“Watching him grow up to where he is now, he’s done very well. He’s more than deserved this call-up, I’m very happy for him. Ever since a young age, he’s been unbelievable. Now he’s actually doing it in men’s football for the world to see. It’s heart-warming . I just hope he continues that and carries on building .”Chelsea signed Gonzalo Higuain on a six-month loan deal in January, but it’s unclear whether they will attempt to make the move permanent in the summer. The Blues’ recruitment plans are further complicated by a two-window transfer ban handed to them as punishment for breaching FIFA rules on the signing of under-18 foreign players.Initially, when the season started, Abraham wanted to remain at Chelsea and fight for a first-team spot but had to switch clubs for the third straight season after he was overlooked for selection by manager Maurizio Sarri.The dream of the Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick, is to have youngsters of Nigerian origin doing well in England and other leagues, wear the Super Eagles colours .Abraham, however, poured cold water on suggestions that he could switch international allegiance to Nigeria after Pinnick, had initially said the former England U-19 and Under-21 player had agreed to play for the Super Eagles.Born in London, Abraham is still permitted to switch allegiances as he is yet to play for the senior side and qualifies for the Super Eagles through his father, who is Nigerian.“Clearly, he understands he stands a better chance playing for the Super Eagles. With his talent, he has the ability to fight for a place in the Nigeria squad,” Pinnick had said then.Former national team head-coach, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde, indeed backed Tammy Abraham’s decision to play for England national senior football team instead of Nigeria, saying the rejection of Nigeria by Abraham should make the NFF eggheads wakeup to their responsibilities.Onigbinde berated NFF for always going after already-made stars abroad instead of developing the abundant talents in Nigeria. He wondered why NFF would wish to reap where it did not sow, saying that Abraham was born and developed in England and should be obliged to play for England.“Yes, we should beg them since there is no meaningful, functional developmental programme at home. It’s the football federation’s fault. If we have a functional development programme, no player would be in a position to take the country for a ride. Ideally, the nucleus of the national team should be home-based. That is what I have always said, but nobody seems to be interested in listening to my advice,” a furious Onigbinde said. “Why won’t the young man make the statement on social media? I do not really blame him. What happens to the many talents in the Nigerian league back home? There are good players of Nigerian descent abroad quite alright but it seems they are practically begged to represent Nigeria now,” he added.Since assuming office as the President of the NFF, Pinnick had never hidden his intention to woo players with Nigerian background who have featured only in age-group competitions for foreign countries. So far, he has not done badly with his moves. “The initial plan was to take our players in the various clubs, but now, what are trying to do is what we call VIP scouting – talking to these young players that are playing abroad to play for their fatherland.“I am yet to see a Nigerian that is regretting being a Nigerian. No Nigerian, even if they have four or five passports, they are always excited being Nigerians. I can assure you that we shall get them to play for us at the appropriate time,” Pinnick said.Abraham joined Chelsea at U-8 level and progressed through the clubs academy system. He was part of the Chelsea youth side which recorded back-to-back triumphs in both the UEFA Youth League and the FA Youth Cup in 2015 and 2016. In the 2016 edition of the UEFA Youth League, Abraham pitched in with a return of eight goals in nine matches, making him the tournament’s second highest goal scorer.  He carried his form over into the FA Youth Cup and scored the winning goal in Chelsea’s victory over Manchester City. During the 2014–15 and 2015–16 seasons he scored 74 goals in 98 matches across all competitions for Chelsea’s various youth sides.His form at youth level caught the attention of the interim manager, Guus Hiddink, who invited him to train with the senior team at the back end of the 2015-16 Season.Abraham has appeared in three matches for Chelsea’s first-team, against Liverpool and Leicester City in the Premier League in May 2016, plus the Community Shield tie versus Manchester City in August 2018.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Pelicans introduce Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart in New Orleans, expect exciting future

first_img Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersA surreal scene unfolded as the Pelicans introduced the bulk of what was once considered the promising future of the Lakers as the promising future of his own franchise. Armed with a number of savvy veterans such as Jrue Holiday, J.J. Reddick and Derrick Favors, and also boasting the top overall draft pick in Zion Williamson, Griffin laid out the former Lakers stars as an important piece of his vision for the franchise.“You can’t dream big enough in this league,” he said. “I think I wanted everyone’s approach to this as ‘Why not us?’ There’s no reason we can’t achieve what we want to achieve.”Griffin talked about the negotiations around Davis as “sensitive,” but he credited Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka as “fair and direct” in his dealings – a general shift in tone from the trade talks that stonewalled between former executives Dell Demps and Magic Johnson last winter.But it’s also clear that Griffin doesn’t believe the Pelicans surrendered too much. He spoke glowingly of Ball, Ingram and Hart, who joined him on stage, saying he and head coach Alvin Gentry believe the trio could help make the Pelicans “one of the best defensive teams in the league.”“We’re deep with selfless winners,” he said. “We’re deep with selfless high-character guys who wanna play any role they need to.” Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers The trio spoke sparingly of their time in Los Angeles, but Ball was perhaps the most open. He offered that he worked to “block out” the trade rumors that dogged the Lakers through much of the season (mostly while he was hurt).“I think it was tough being a young guy, especially in L.A. with other people looking at you,” Ball said. “We had a big responsibility. … But it comes down to just playing basketball. That’s your job. Everything else is just extra.”Griffin said he received trade offers for all the players from the Lakers, but spoke with them privately, and each player agreed that he could fit into the Pelicans roster. Hart said he told Griffin he didn’t want to be traded because of the growth potential he saw in the roster.“It’s something you want to be a part of and you want to grow with,” he said. “When I had that opportunity, I thought it was amazing. I didn’t want to let it slip.” How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years center_img Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Related Articles Shortly after executing the first landmark trade of his short tenure in New Orleans, executive vice president David Griffin said he got a call from Josh Hart, one of the players he had just acquired.Hart had a brief but powerful request: Whatever you do, don’t trade me. I want to play for the Pelicans.“It meant a lot to us,” Griffin said. “Having players who were equally committed to us was very meaningful.”The new leader of the New Orleans front office related the anecdote on Tuesday afternoon as a way of coloring what had been a difficult situation in a new shade. It’s true that the Pelicans had to give up Anthony Davis, their franchise star, in the deal to the Lakers that sent them Hart, Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram as well as a bevy of draft considerations for the foreseeable future. But even with that counterweight, Griffin sees a lot to like about his new situation. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more