By News Highland – March 25, 2020 Thousands of Covid-19 tests cancelled – GP RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA WhatsApp Twitter Facebook Previous articleDonegal athletes will be guaranteed grantsNext articleTory Island Ferry Service to be curtailed News Highland Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21 WhatsApp Pinterest Google+ Pinterest Patients who have been given an appointment for a Covid-19 test will still be swabbed.But under new priority measures issued last night, people who previously sought tests will not now receive them, and should apply again through their GP.From now on people will only be tested if they have a fever and coughing or breathlessness, they must also be either at risk, a healthcare worker or a close contact of a confirmed case.Dr Dennis McCauley from the Covid-19 GP group says tens of thousands of patients have effectively had tests cancelled…………….Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/15mccauley.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Twitter Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows AudioHomepage BannerNews Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme
Andes Petroleum Ecuador has put two new oil wells into production. (Credit: skeeze from Pixabay) Andes Petroleum Ecuador of China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Corporation (CNODC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of China National Petroleum (CNPC), has put two new oil wells into production in the Province of Orellana, Ecuador, a breakthrough for CNPC in the field of lithologic oil reservoir exploration.As the COVID-19 spreads globally, CNPC is ensuring uninterrupted production and smooth management in its various projects overseas, while introducing China’s effective measures in preventing and controlling the epidemic to other countries, partners and staff. Dai Houliang, Chairman of CNPC, wrote letters specifically to foreign partners and received understanding and support.On January 26, CNODC initiated a Level I public health emergency response and put together a leading group for COVID-19 prevention and control. The most essential task is to implement various preventive and control measures and to guarantee that production and operations are carried out in a highly-organized way.CNODC then introduced telecommuting solutions highlighting the use of a uniform communication and video conferencing platform to support flexible working. The overseas companies and projects also prepared disease prevention and control implementation programs and contingency plans, which include procurement of necessary supplies and paying close attention to staff wellbeing.In addition, CNPC actively reported the situation of China’s fight against the epidemic and CNPC’s people-oriented measures to foreign staff of its joint ventures, local communities and governments, and provided regular briefings on the health conditions of its Chinese staff.CNPC’s refining company in Niger published articles about COVID-19 on Niger’s official website ACTUNIFER and national newspaper Le SAHEL. RAYNATOU MAHAMADOU SALIFOU from the Niger-Benin crude oil pipeline project wrote for the local newspaper on the prevention and control of COVID-19. In Brazil, CNPC sent more than 30 letters to its partners and community residents.“CNPC stands with all of our staff and partners in the fight against the novel coronavirus. We are committed to providing all necessary assistance to keep everyone safe and healthy while trying the best to contribute to the economic and social development of host countries, by ensuring continued oil and gas production from our overseas projects,” said Wang Zhongcai, Vice President of PetroChina & Chairman of CNODC. Source: Company Press Release As the COVID-19 spreads globally, CNPC is ensuring uninterrupted production and smooth management in its various projects overseas
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Medford man was arrested Thursday for allegedly killing a 26-year-old woman in her Mastic Beach home seven years ago, Suffolk County police said.William Hubbard was charged with second-degree murder in the death of Shanell Malave.Homicide Squad detectives alleged the 48-year-old suspect killed the victim at her Magnolia Drive home, where officers responding to a report of an unresponsive woman found Malave dead in her bed at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, May 24, 2011.The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office later determined that Malave’s death was a homicide.Hubbard was taken into custody on County Road Route 111 in Manorville at 7:30 p.m. Thursday. He was held overnight and is scheduled to be arraigned Friday at Suffolk County court in Riverhead.